Sunday, September 5, 2010

Transfomice!! #2

     This week I will be focusing on this game. I really can't stop playing this game. If I'm not checking out other people's blogs I'm usually playing Transformice. I have to say, one of the funnest things about the game is the exploits in it. Walljumping is an error in Transformice's programming, allowing the player to scale vertical walls that are otherwise a death trap. As you progress in the game you will find yourself trying to imitate other veteran players as they jump form wall to wall leaving others to the curb and doing a /dance while they are at it. The first times I tried to walljump I would fall straight into a pit without even being able to jump more than once. I was really frustrated at the game but I still had fun trying to learn.

     The community is pretty friendly. If you ask them questions they will answer back. Just be sure to not be a total kaboose at it or none one wiill want to help you. I learner to jump walls by befriending a couple of people and looking at how they do it. It turns it is easier than it looks. It is a rythmic pattern of the asw or dsw keys, depending on which side you are facing. When you approach the wall you do not want to jump to early, because then you will "slip" and you won't be able to make another jump. Jump too soon and you won't even be able to make it or just fall into a pit if there is one. The best time to jump onto the wall is when you are at the highest point and starting to descend. You will "latch" onto the wall and effectively begin a running animation that will continue as long as you hold the directional key you were using (a for right side walls and d for left side walls).

     You will slowly but surely begin to descend if you don't do anything. The higher you jumped the faster you fall. To avoid this and to gain height you press the opposite directional key so you can let go but you will stop descending. then you press the w key to jump and you will gain a lot of height. At the highest part of your jump you press the original directional key and you will "jump" onto the wall again. It looks like the mouse is jumping diagonally by pressing two keys at once but its just a pattern to be done.

     There are there factors that affect jumping and walljumping such as latency (lag), gravity, and shaman shenanigans. Someitmes there are collision maps where devious mice can now "bump" into you and even stop your jumps and lead you to an early demise.

     At the end of the week I will do an overall review on the overall game after playing it for a week. Here's a walljumping video, I hope you enjoy it!

22 comments:

  1. loving the site design... how did you get the header in that position?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen this posted before and my girlfriend wanted me to try it.

    Maybe I should.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like weird stuff like this, french mouse flash game... fun

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look like an interesting game, but I dunno.... wall jumping reminds me of bunny hopping...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well written ...thanks for the read!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Will try that, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I dont like when they fall into the ground =(

    ReplyDelete